Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 02-15-2011
neophyte

Internet failure is on a distinguished road
Default Wireless Internet won't identify

Hi guys I'm extremely frustrated with this please help

This is a wireless connection issue with my Verizon Fios moden/router (Actiontec MI424-WR_Rev.E Model) I also have my network bridged to my xbox 360.

I'm running a Asus Laptop with Vista Home premium. When I start the laptop up, the internet is stuck identifying itself. As soon as I repair and diagnose it fixes the identifying part, but whenever I open up a internet browser, it tells me the connection has been reset, still unable to use the internet. So I try to repair and diagnose again, IT then tells me there are no problems. Yet still unable to get on the internet.

The only way I somehow fix it is by disconnecting and reconnecting the network repeatedly. Sometimes that won't even work, I would have to restart the computer again then back to disconnect/reconnect.

When I finally get on the internet.... 2 hours later it goes back to identifying itself then its back to square one.

So is there anyone who can help me? I know I'm horrible at explaining this. Please bear with me on this... I'm dying for answers.